This will give you an idea of how to make your own baby wings for an OOAK polymer clay fairy Baby.
You can use any kind of transparent paper, but I like the Angelina fantasy film.
Any comments or request please feel free to leave them.
1. make sure you have all the basics before you start making Your wings: Glue, pliers, craft wire, super glue also known as crazy glue (you can also use tacky glue), paint (acrylic or nail polish works as well), scissors (REMEMBER not to run with them :-D), a basic drawing of the wings, Soldering Iron (Makes wonderful details because it gets really hot)
2. I am using the fantasy film called mother of pearl (reminds me of the sponge-bob square pants show when Mr.crabs says "mother of pearl").
3. You want to make sure that you cut the outer skeleton of the wing, with almost the exact size of the wings as shown in picture 3 (make sure you leave some room to twist the wire with the pliers as shown in pic 4). When this is done remember that is not only one wing you are doing but two, therefore you have to do the same for the other.
4. In pictures 7 and 8, I am showing the inner outer part of the skeleton. Remember to cut for two wings. Pic 11
5. You are going to cut the Fantasy film in a rectangle, enough that when you put the outer skeleton will fit completely. As shown in pic 15.
6. You are going to super glue the edges of the wing starting at the midpoint of the wing as shown in pic 16 and ending on the edges. Same goes for the inner part of the wing shown in pic 17-18. Remember that you have to do the same for the other wing, but you are going to do this in a mirror like position
7. To dry the super glue faster I use a blow-dryer. After this is done just cut the excess paper on your wings.
8. The Soldering Iron is going to get really hot, and I mean burn right away hot (BE CAUTIOUS) after its hot carefully burn the edges of the wings to give it a more natural look you can also do holes with this (Usually used for adult wings)
9. After this is done use your choice paint and paint your wings and decorate them as you want. I used one of my hair Picture 29 for small details.