Tuesday, June 14, 2011

TIPS when baking your baby

At first when I am almost ready to bake my baby I make sure I pop it in the oven for just about a minute or two and let it cool( NOTE MY BABIES ARE REALLY SMALL 2.5" TOPS). By doing this I have a chance to see if there are any moonies I can fix them before I cure the sculpture completely. I am aware that this process is delicate, be aware that you have to be really careful with the sculpture. With mineral spirits Or paint thinner however you want to call it. I brush my sculpture with it. Notice that the sculpture is a little cured but not to its maximum giving the mineral spirit a chance to dissolve and smooth out the sculpture, by using a soft brush.
I cannot stress enough PLEASE be careful. When using this process.
If you have any questions please leave me a comment and I will get back to you




Before baking
--------------------

Photobucket



After little baking time
----------------------





Photobucket


During repairs
---------------------------------



Photobucket

after repairs
-------------



Photobucket

fully baked with paint
--------

Photobucket


Photobucket

ooak baby head sculpting

analytics