Saturday, June 25, 2011

Armature!! what is it?

           Explaining and armature more in depth.

       Wikipedia  has a really good definition of the word, basically saying that an armature is the skeletal structure of a sculpture. Provides stability when dealing with soft materials such as wax or clay. Which to my knowledge sounds to be true.

Photobucket

Photobucket

         I use them along with my sculptures because it is a useful way to sculpt, making it easier for the sculpture to stay intact when you  are sculpting.

        By adding it to the baby stomach like I always do, it saves me on polymer clay and for some reason it helps when you are curing it as well.


By adding the armature it creates stability when I am still working on the sculpture and by adding some aluminum paper saves on the sculpture material. In this case is (polymer clay)

ooak baby head sculpting

analytics